by DanielleReese | Feb 14, 2022 | Budgeting, Personal Finance
Do you run out of money before you run out of month? Do you wonder where your money goes each month? Do you struggle to find money to invest for retirement, emergencies and other financial goals? Here are 10 tips to cut your spending and stretch your dollar to the max:
1. Consider dropping your home telephone line. Your cell phone is probably all you really need, and most likely it has free long distance. You could save $30 or more per month by dropping your “land line”.
2. Cut back on trips to Starbucks or other premium coffee shops. Often called the “latte factor”, spending several dollars per day on luxuries like premium coffee can really add up. For example, if you spend $4 for a cappuccino five times a week for 50 weeks out of the year (you’re on vacation the other two weeks), you would spend $1,000 in a year. Try treating your trip to Starbucks as a treat instead of a habit. You’ll save money and probably lose weight too!
3. Pay your mortgage payment bi-weekly instead of monthly. You’ll pay less interest and pay off your mortgage faster.
4. Carry cash instead of credit cards. Psychologically it’s harder to spend cash than it is to use the credit card. You’ll spend less and save on interest charges.
5. Use the “envelope system” for groceries, dining out, entertainment, and other discretionary spending categories. This will help you track how much you spend in these categories as well as prioritizing your spending.
6. Raise the deductible on your homeowners and auto insurance policies. It’s not wise to file claims for small losses anyway (insurance companies love to raise rates after you file a claim), so a higher deductible will save you money now and in the future.
7. Buy regular gas instead of premium. Most cars don’t need premium gasoline. Also, take public transportation if it’s available in your area. Take advantage of “park and ride” and carpooling options.
8. Plan your purchases to avoid impulse buying. Take a list with you to the grocery store and stick with it. Studies show that impulse buying can add $10-50 to your grocery bill – ouch!
9. Go to the library instead of the bookstore. If you’re an avid reader, give yourself a book budget for books that you will want to keep, and go to the library for everything else.
10. Take a vacation at home. Check out all the local sites and happenings. You’ll rediscover your hometown and save on travel and hotel costs.
These are just a handful of ways you can cut spending and stretch your dollars, but if you follow these tips you’ll discover you have more money at the end of each month to apply to other financial goals, such as saving for college, retirement or just for a rainy day.
by DanielleReese | Nov 14, 2021 | Accounting, Bookkeeping, Budgeting, Strategic Planning
Task Based Budgeting in Organizations
Task based budgeting is not brand-new. As early as 1990, some companies in nations like the USA as well as Australia executed this brand-new budgeting program to change the recognized as well as old approach of budgeting, the “line thing budgeting.”
Task based budgeting is a technique of budgeting in which tasks that sustain
expenses in each feature of a company are developed as well as connections are specified in between tasks. This details is after that utilized to choose just how much source must be designated to every task.
To put it simply, task based budgeting is budgeting, preparation as well as regulating by tasks as opposed to price components of a company. For individuals of this budgeting program, they declare that it involves everybody in considering just how they can much better develop worth for company. It creates a versatile spending plan based upon task workload that is not as stiff as journal of the line product budgeting that pre-identifies prices even though that expense might not serve in any way.
Activity-based budgeting is just arranged sound judgment. A lot more especially, task based budgeting is a method for improving the precision of monetary projections as well as boosting administration understanding. When automated, task based budgeting can quickly as well as precisely generate monetary strategies and also versions based upon differing degrees of quantity presumptions.
Task based budgeting likewise can remove a lot of the laborious operate in standard budgeting. Task based budgeting examines the solutions or items to be created, what tasks are called for to generate those services or products, as well as what sources require to be allocated to do those tasks. Put simply, task based budgeting is the opposite of the activity-based setting you back procedure to create monetary strategies as well as budget plans.
With the introduction of effective and also low-cost data source systems, task based budgeting is enabling companies to decrease expenses, much better use sources, and also attain tactical purposes.
The Australian National Audit Office has actually recognized the benefits of task based budgeting:
– Output expenses are sustained by a routine of set you back tasks
– Opportunities to take a look at job procedures
– Identifies non value-adding tasks that can be removed
– Basis of an efficiency dimension system as well as straight web link in between calculated
objectives as well as functional truths
– Enables expense accounts to be taken care of
– Accurate setting you back information for functional administration
– Costs are clear, workable as well as easy to understand
– Activity meaning might come to be as well thorough as well as the version might come to be tough and also intricate to keep
– Underestimation of the job of gathering task motorist information
– Implementation might be thought about a monetary administration “trend” and also there wants dedication from functional supervisors
Task Based Budgeting Disadvantages
– Usually needs acquiring Activity Based Budgeting software program
– Requires training of all supervisors consisting of budgeting division
– Requires individuals to truly comprehend what drives their spending plan
– Eliminates justification that task quantity transformed since it makes noticeable quantity modifications
– Requires everybody to approximate or accumulate task quantity
By comprehending just how sources are changed right into solutions or items, as well as by focusing on the price of tasks, task based budgeting assists an organization to acquire a greater understanding of just how prices act in their company as well as which tasks develop considerable quantities of expense. Organizations can after that start to regulate their expenses based intangible tasks as opposed to reasonably uninformative basic journal or expense centre reports.
In various other words, task based budgeting is budgeting, preparation as well as managing by tasks instead than price aspects of a company. It establishes a versatile budget plan based on task job tons that is not as stiff as journal of the line product budgeting that pre-identifies expenses even though that price might not be of usage at all.
When automated, task based budgeting can quickly as well as precisely generate economic strategies as well as designs based on differing degrees of quantity presumptions.
Task based budgeting likewise can get rid of a lot of the laborious job in conventional budgeting. Task based budgeting evaluates the solutions or items to be generated, what tasks are called for to generate those items or solutions, and also what sources require to be allocated to carry out those tasks.